CLICK HERE TO
VISIT OUR NEW WEBSITE
At Blawnox Upholstery, we take great pride in everything we create and in knowing that every piece of furniture that leaves our workroom is perfect
Blawnox Upholstery is a custom, retail upholstery shop providing services to both
residential and commercial customers in Pittsburgh area for over 30 years..
Blawnox Upholstery’s mission is to provide customers with high quality reupholstering
WHY RE-UPHOLSTER vs BUY NEW?
Naturally, we do not want to be wasteful. But we may have heard that reupholstering can be expensive. We think we might be able to save some money by going to the nearest mass-producing furniture store and just buying new. What can justify reupholstering?
Here’s the answer:
Most furniture built even as recently as 10 years ago was built at a time when there was a higher standard for furniture construction. Even finer furniture manufacturers of late have had to lower their standards to keep up competition with the cut-throat, corner-cutting furniture manufacturers. What’s going on underneath the upholstery of newer furniture that makes it so much more inferior?
In order to offer the consumer furniture at dramatically low prices, costs are being cut. Woods previously unsuitable for furniture frames are now being used. These frames are often shoddily “thrown” together as quickly as possible with staple guns and fast-drying epoxy.
The old standard of using meticulously dowelled joints and waiting for wood glue to dry during several re-clamping processes has been eliminated by many manufacturers.
Old-fashioned coil springs and heavy-duty sinuous (no-sag) springs are being replaced with a lighter gauge of sinuous springs …and less of them per seat.
Good, high-density foam has gone up in price drastically over the past couple of years. So, many furniture manufacturers use a low-density foam that is suitable for its showroom appearance, but may break down on the consumer after only a few months of use
BRING YOUR OLD SOFA BACK TO LIFE WITH NEW CUSHION INNERS
SAVING A SAGGY SOFA?
- My year old Sofa is starting to show it's age, the cushions started sagging. I was thinking about replacing the foam inside...........
- I purchased sectional about a year and a half age. It's been a pretty good couch so far with one exception; the back pillows now get deformed fairly easily. The part that gets sat at the most now won't even re-fluff into a flat form again. The company has a 1-year warranty, but sadly since we bought it two summers ago it doesn't qualify anymore.......
Blawnox Upholstery will be happy to solve all your cushion problems!!
We are making cushions on a daily basis as part of our expert cushion replacement service. We have all the foams in stock. Whether your cushions were originally filled with foam, feathers, or fiber we can refill them.
PLEASE FILL OUT THE CONTACT FORM TO GET QUOTE ON YOUR CUSHION REFILLS.
Please provide the following information for accurate quote
- Cushion Size: Actual cushion size i.e. depth x width x border height (boxing)
- Cushion Type: Seat or back cushion -
- Cushion Filling: You may specify the firmness desired (- firm, medium, or soft -)